1) Brush your teeth after meal and after drinking any colored liquid. This helps you to remove the oil stains and the coloring that comes along with the food and drink that you have just finished consuming. Make sure you use a good toothpaste that has a good amount of fluoride.
2) Brush with baking soda: Baking soda is a very powerful tooth whitening agent and it is commonly used in virtually all toothpaste worldwide. It has a very active whitening components that will help keep your teeth white.Some people add lemon juice to their baking soda for a quicker result.
3) Eat fruits and vegetables: Chewing fruits helps to clear the plaque which are on the teeth, it helps to remove the things that makes the teeth change color. Fruits that works so well in this regard are fruits like cucumber, pawpaw, watermelon, pineapple, strawberry and few other fruits, to name but a few.
Note that this is not a replacement for your normal brushing of the teeth after meals or drinks as stated initially.
4) Charcoal: Brushing your teeth with charcoal powder helps to remove the toxins in your mouth and also clears your teeth of the plaques that discolors the teeth.
How to use: grind charcoal, add salt and use as toothpowder to clean the teeth, wash off afterwards, you can use toothbrush and toothpaste to rebrush your teeth.
5) Fruit Peels: Yes its been discovered that rubbing fruit peels such like orange peel, lemon peel of banana peels on the teeth, helps to keep the teeth whiter. You can dry the Peel, grind and use as toothpowder.
Note: Not to be swallowed
6)Apple Cider vinegar: This is known to be a natural cleaning agent as well, it contains some components that cleans the teeth and also makes it shine white.
Note: This should not be left in the mouth for a long time and it is not advisable to be used daily, as constant use of it makes your teeth softer.
We all know that nothing good comes easy , it will take some time for you to see the desired result of your teeth whitening effort. Most importantly is that you ensure to be consistent with the required actions that you need to take, so that within a short period of time, you can see the resultant effect on your teeth and you can regain that confidence that comes with a glowing white teeth.
Help us share this post
Photo credit: Empire dental blog