Tips on how to achieve soft skin.
1. Bathe with either cold water or warm water. Bathing hot water toughens the skin. It can toughen it to the extent of making it feel like “Leather” I’m very serious. Hot water strips the skin of its natural oils leaving dry.
2. Your choice of cream, body lotion matters. It is better to use moisturizing soaps and creams.
Moisturizing soaps and creams help to retain moisture on the skin thereby leaving it smooth, silky and soft.
3. Exfoliate your skin once in a while. Exfoliation can be done at least once a week to help get rid of dead skin cells and soften the rough skin.
Always use a moisturizer on skin after exfoliating it. I will discuss natural ways to exfoliate the skin in my next blog post.
You can obtain a soft skin by applying natural oils. The treatment can be done thus:
For natural oil treatment.
You can use: olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil, carrot oil. This method is very simple.
All you need do is: Apply any of the available oil to skin at night before sleeping, bathe in the morning and reapply or alternatively use your normal moisturizing cream in the morning.
– You can equally make a paste of avocado and apply. Leave it on skin for about 12- 15 mins and wash off with Luke warm water. This method is equally effective.
– Honey is a natural beauty product that has been serving purpose for ages now. You can apply a reasonable amount of honey on the skin and massage thoroughly.
Leave for about 10 mins and wash off with Luke warm water.( Aloe vera can be used the same way honey is used in this article.)